Finger Protection – Avoid trapping fingers in doors
Unfortunately accidents involving children trapping fingers in doors are an everyday occurrence resulting in injured, bruised, broken or even torn off fingers. Every year in the UK (where statistics are available) more than 40,000 children visit an Accident and Emergency department for treatment of these injuries. Because fingertips contain complex nerve sysytems that are extremely sensitive, injury and lack of quick and experienced care can disrupt the complex function of the hand, potentially resulting in permanent deformity and disability. The real amount of finger injuries is actually much higher than reported as in many cases a visit to the local GP is the only action taken or in less serious instances no medical treatment is sought.
Finger Protection is a 1.8m long strip that prevents toddlers, children and adults from trapping their fingers in the door jamb and hinge side gaps. The best selling door safety strip in Europe and the only strip with the TUV Germany safety certification, Finger Protection creates a safer environment for the children in your home or, if you are a professional, on your premises. Finger Protection has been installed in over 400 establishments all over Ireland including pre-schools, primary and secondary schools, bars, restaurants, work premises, sporting and recreational clubs and homes throughout Ireland. The product has been chosen because of its safety efficiency, low cost, ease of installation, ability to blend in with all décor, quality and durability and its ability to perform its job for many years to come that reduces exposure to personal injury claims.
Finger Protection is a transparent strip that covers the gap between the door and doorjamb and prevents fingers and feet from entering into these openings. It can also cover the hinge side of the door where baby and toddler fingers are still small enough to fit into the gap. Finger Protection is an easy and quick to install DIY product : each strip takes approximately 5 minutes to fix securely to the door and/or door frame. Download Installation instructions
Best Selling Finger Protection Strip
- Transparent strips that suit any colour interior.
- Maximum thickness of the door must be 5cm.
- A door with Finger Protection will open up to 110 degrees. If your door normally opens to 180 degrees, we recommend the use of a door stopper to prevent the door opening any further than 110 degrees.
- Can be used on fire doors if the above requirements are met.
- Is attached using strong adhesive tape for ease of installation.
- In crèches, schools and public buildings, we recommend using screws every 30cm. Please take advice from your local hardware store on the type of screw suitable for your door frame material.
- Can be used on wooden, PVC, and aluminium door frames.
- Can be used on internal and external doors at home, in schools, creches, restaurants, gyms, and public buildings. If used externally the lifespan of the product will be shorter due to the weather elements.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – If you are not happy with the product after installing one strip we will take back the rest of the uninstalled product and refund you 100%